What to Book: A Hotel, Resorts or an Airbnb
Hotel, Resorts are an Airbnb, If you’re looking to save money on your vacation, accommodations are a good place to start. But is staying in an Airbnb really cheaper than a hotel or resort?
Choosing where you are going to stay in Grenada West Indies depends on what type of vacation you are looking to have. There are many choices within the three main accommodation types provided in Grenada: Hotels, Airbnb, and Resorts; but before deciding where to stay, work out what is important to you when on holiday.
If you want the freedom to come and go as you please, but still enjoy having the option of staff available for your needs, a hotel is a great option. If you prefer knowing how much your holiday will cost before you even arrive, then an all-inclusive resort will suit you well. And if you don’t want to spend too much money, and want to feel like you are home away from home, an Airbnb house or villa will be the perfect accommodation for you.
There is a lot more to choosing your accommodation than what is mentioned above, so let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of each of the options.
- The cost of accommodation is much lower than hotels and resorts
- You can choose the type of accommodation that suits you best
- You sometimes get a private pool and other facilities
- You can experience authentic Grenada culture
- You get to interact with your host, get suggestions, and can possibly hire them to take you around for the day usually at a lower price
- You can tour the island without being restricted by a group schedule (though you can do this at resorts too)
- Low to no security provided in the houses or villas
- You have to do all of the planning yourself
- Food, beverage, and activities are not included and can be expensive
- Often times there are no staff, so you have to cook and clean
- Without guidance, you may end up in dangerous areas (recommended you pick places with excellent reviews – at least 10)
- They are cheaper than a resort
- Conveniently located close to airports and cities
- You can explore the areas without following a predefined schedule
- Hotels are smaller and are not as crowded as resorts
- You can experience traditional Grenada culture
- There are fewer (if any) activities available
- Breakfast (may be) included in the price, but other meals and drinks are not
- Based on their position, they normally don’t have great views and get a lot of city noise
- They can be noisy, as many families stay at hotels because they are cheaper
- Do not have the same attractions and facilities as resorts
- The cost of your accommodation, food, beverages, and some activities are included in the cost
- You get well taken care of by butlers and/or staff
- You will see all of the top tourist attractions (once you make arrangements)
- Plenty of people to meet and socialize with (if you’re a socialite)
- The facilities have security, making it safe for you and your family
- Picturesque settings with prime beach locations
- Entertainment packages are usually awesome
- The beaches and pools can become crowded
- The cost is quite a lot higher than the other options
- You will typically see the tourist attractions in big groups (unless you arrange tours privately)
- You will be surrounded by hundreds of other tourists
- You don’t get to engage with authentic Grenadian culture as much
How much can you save with an Airbnb?
Airbnb’s prices are generally stable, Whether you book last-minute or well in advance, you’ll pay the same rate. On the other hand, hotel room rates go up or down based on the day of the week and the time of year. If you book a last-minute stay on your media device (instead of just stopping at the first hotel you see), you’ll be able to comparison shop for the best rate.
There’s much to consider before visiting the island of spice. Our goal was to provide you with the pros and cons list above and to somewhat help you out. When money is limited you should choose a hotel or Airbnb. These options are handy especially if you plan to be out and about for most of your vacation.
On the other hand, If you’re looking to just soak up some sun, lay back, and relax for a few days you should absolutely consider the all-inclusive resorts. If your leaning towards the Airbnb option we recommend Mt. Parnassus Inn in St. Georges. Book Direct and save!